Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 17 March 2013

Food, Glorious Food.

As I sit here I am looking out of the window and dreaming of summer.  I say dreaming because currently there are enormous, fat and snowflakes hurtling at speed toward the ground.   Not the nice fluffy soft snow.  Oh no.  The wet, stinging, cold rain kind. Summer seems a very, very long way away.  So last night we pretended it was actually midsummer and we took a trip to Spain, (well in our heads).  This morning my head is paying for it.

We have been making the Charcuterie Boards / Cheese Boards / Bread Boards for a little while now, but have not actually used one ourselves.  Bad me.  So last night the time came.  In a Spanish themed gastronomic extravaganza we used our own personal board for the serving of Spanish meats.  Want to see?

Hand Finished Charcuterie Board
Yew Wood Charcuterie Board

Yum. Yum.

If you like the boards you can buy them here in my Etsy Shop.  The Husband followed up the board with a delicious Paella.  I suppose you want to see that now too?
Paella
Paella at home.

Yum.  After a quick clean down the board was transformed into a cheese platter.  Had I not had several glasses of Grape Juice I would have taken a picture.  But I forgot.  Whoopsie.

So what else is new?  Weeeeeelll...I have sort of moved into my studio / showroom but since the boys essentially did a flit...took what they needed and left what they didn't, it has not exactly been a smooth transition - for me at least.

I have 4 desks and a office meeting table and chairs currently squatting in my beautiful space.  On the plus side I have put them on eBay, but the boys seem to think they should get the proceeds?  Hmmm.  We will see about that.

Once I was finally able to get to some painting on Friday I had a lovely time.  Space and light - a painters dream.  I finished off my 'Half and Half' before and after demo TV cabinet (bottom left), painted and finished a lovely side table in Country Grey & French Linen, (top left), started on a mirror frame in Cream (bottom right) and finished and waxed the dining chairs I blogged about last week, (top right) - I personally prefer them in solid colour rather than with bleed - but as we established already that was a whole other story.

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in action
All in a mornings work.

So next week brings excitement.  I'm hoping to drag the husband off the sofa shortly, (he is cleaning his gun after his latest clay shoot adventure), and we are going to rid my space of those laminated office furniture suckers.  They will be gone.  Assuming of course I can fight my way across the yard in the blizzard!

So with a week ahead that promises to be full of excitement and space filling I will sign off pull on my snowboots.  There must be at least a quarter of a centimeter out there now.

M x

P.S. A few little pictures below for your perusal.

Half Painted cabinet
Demonstration Painted Cabinet

Blue & Country Grey Chair.  John Lewis Fabric.
Blue & Country Grey Chair.  John Lewis Fabric.

Blue & Country Grey Chair.  John Lewis Fabric.
Painted Chairs

Country Grey & French Lined Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
Country Grey & French Lined Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Gorgeous Gilt Framed Mirrors
Gorgeous Mirrors
Hand Painted Wardrobe Door
Hand Painted Wardrobe Door

Studio - Day 1
Studio - Day 1


No comments: