Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 29 November 2012

Fabric Magic with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

What can I say.  I conducted an experiment with the gorgeous Aubusson Blue from Annie Sloan.


Taking an old, not very pretty, nursing chair in sore need of re-upholstery, I took my paint and I applied it directly to the draylon. Why not?  I had nothing to lose. 

Then I waited.  I waited for it to disappear.  I waited for it to soak in.  I waited for it to float on top. But nothing happened.  The paint stayed its lovely colour.  The fabric didn't go crusty. It dried in 24 hours.  It does need a second coat.  But wowzers!  I'm excited.

Fabric Painting Using Annie Sloan Chalk paint

The conclusion?

I am entirely confident that ASCP would work wonderfully on all sorts of projects where fabric is in good nick, but just not very pretty.

Imagine it stenciled on a plain seat cover?  Or used to create pattern with blocking?  Or for block printing?  


I feel a calico purchase coming on.

jusqu'à la prochaine fois

Marie x



No comments: