Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 29 November 2012

Shhhh...don't tell my husband but I'm in love with a handsome tallboy!

Mondays are always welcome in my house.  Mondays mean painting days and that makes me very happy.  I'm not in the least bit obsessed.  Not at all.  Definitely don't spend every waking hour thinking furniture. No Sir. Not Me. Well, not much!

So today I finally got to finish off my beautiful tallboy - in the fantastic Aubusson Blue by Annie Sloan, finished in clear wax and buffed to a soft, touchable sheen.  Oh, I really am in love with this one and selling him will kill me - but as the lovely Jackie over at The Barristers Horse told me it's impossible not to fall in love with each piece.  So I'm going to love him for a little while but not forever.  He is my Mr Right Now.

You can see from the sneaky picture how very handsome he is.
ASCP Abusson Blue Chest of drawers

Things took a bizarre turn later on this afternoon - I went a bit bonkers with an old nursing chair that has been nursing itself in the back of a shed for too long.

Having heard the rumors that it could be done, I decided to take the plunge and try ASCP on fabric...oh my!

So do you think it works?  Am I insane?  Well I didn't have the guts to try it on my sofa put it that way, but you know what, I think I might!  I'm fancying painting the sofas in my lounge in grey.  French or Country or should I go all out for a mad colour?  I think I'll leave that thought sizzling for a week or two.

Want to see some pics of my painted fabric chair?  I'll post some tomorrow.

Marie xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie, I just followed the link over from Jackie's blog. Your projects look great! I've recently got into a bit of furniture painting, it could very well become an obsession for me and I can totally understand the furniture speaking to you (I get a strong vision as soon as I see some pieces, of how it will look finished - others, I don't, so I don't buy those ones.) I've just sold a lovely wardrobe - didn't want to as I became very fond of it, but it was too feminine for our house (one husband and three sons). I'm sure I'll be visiting here again soon! Best wishes, Antonia

Unknown said...

Thanks Antonia. I took a look at your blog - the furniture is lovely. jackie has been great. If you get the chance I highly recommend her Painting Course. Its hard work, unbelievable tiring but well worth it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has 'moments' with furniture. It literally does speak to me very often!

Hope to see you on here agina soon.

M x