Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 17 January 2013

Grrr. Arrgh and Gritted Teeth.

Now I love my husband very much.  He is a marvel of modern manhood, but when it comes to looking for things he drives me insane.  At this point can I just reiterate - I love him more than chocolate (and that is A LOT) but Aaaarrrrgh!!!


It's cold.  It's close to Baltic, but sitting here in my little cottage, fire roaring - (this is my view as I type),  I'm not worried.

I  have a box full of ski clothes sitting in one of the stables.  It is jammed full of thermals, gloves, salopettes, ski jackets and the like.  Just what we need in preparation for the mega snowball fights and sledging action we planned with the weekend.  So smug in the knowledge that we will be toasty warm and prepared I sent the aforementioned husband out to get the box of goodies.  The Tweeps need to be warm, (always good to go with a minor tug on the heart strings), so out he went, torch in hand.

Ten minutes later he had upended the entire stable, looked in every box and come back with - well  - with precisely nothing.  I sighed.  Grumped.  Explained, (obviously very calmly and with no hint of sarcasm or irritation), that I have a system, the box was plastic and definitely had a black lid, was in the middle, absolutely, certainly and without doubt had a black lid and clearly he had messed everything up when he got the Christmas decorations out.  Oh and it was the one with the black lid. So with a heavy heart and a very warm riding jacket, I removed myself from the sofa, pottered outside - IN MY SLIPPERS - and ventured into the stable.  100% certain that I was about to immediately put my hands on said box and therefore be able to mock my husband forevermore.

Yes he had turned my system on its head.  Grrrrr.  I stood berating the loss of my wonderfully tidy storage system, (admittedly the only person who knows the codes to the filing system is me and I'm not sharing), but how could he not see the box with the black lid?  It was right there.  Right in front of me aat the very top of the pile.  Triumphantly I pulled it out, opened it and showed him the contents.  Oh.  A stack of too small summer dresses belonging to tweep number 2.  Whoops.  Perhaps I should have reigned in my sarcasm until the box was open.

Humble pie time, (it's OK I'm doing the 5:2 Diet and today is a Feast Day), so I looked down at the box with the blue lid and, (oops), there it all was.  Neatly packed and ready for the snow.

Sorry Husband.  I admit I was wrong but remember - Tweep Number 1, (the 6 year old), once said, upon being told to look with his eyes not his hands, that he was a raccoon and could see with his fingers.  I think the husband ought to take a leaf out of his sons book.  Don't rely on me for accurate colour descriptions.  It's not like colour is just about the most important part of my job or anything!!

Clearly I was a little colourblind on this occasion,  probably because of the gorgeous brightness of the absolutely lovely 1960's G-Plan style bedroom furniture I have refurbished this week on behalf of a client.  My eyeballs have been dazzled and therefore I should be forgiven.

This was a set of furniture my client had already that she felt was tired and needed a 'lift'.  Well it certainly got that!  Finished in the wonderful 'Emperors Silk' with a contrasting frame in 'Old White' this was a brave and great choice.  I love it.

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint  Emperors Silk
1960's Bedroom Furniture in Emperors Silk

Small Bedside Cabinet

Dressing table and Drawers

And here's the before.
 I suppose I ought to apologise, but I was seeing red so I think I should be excused - don't you?


Until next time.  

Marie xx

No comments: