Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 10 January 2013

First Post. Reverse Ageing & Bedroom Re-do

Happy New Year lovers of Fantastic Furniture, Chalk Paint Addicts and Crafty Home Makeover Type Stuff.  Its been a long old holiday break here at Chateau Debell and today is the first day I have had the opportunity to pull out my lovely, if slightly dusty, laptop and get blogging.

Hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas - seems so long ago now - but I wish each and every one of you a wonderful 2013.  It's going to be a good one.  I know this to be fact, because on the way home from the pub on New Years Eve, having toasted everyone's health and wished one and all a prosperous new year I found a tenner.  Yippee.

That's the prosperous bit started nicely and as for health - well this morning I discovered my body is reversing the ageing process.  I am not, as I thought, knocking on 40 (yes really, gulp), but I have the ears of a 4 year old.  I am in fact incredibly young, ergo, healthy.

OK, slight exaggeration.  I went deaf in one ear in mid-November.  Not unusual for me.  I regularly have blocked ears and the Syringe at the quacks is my favorite way of spending 10 minutes.  But this was different.  Not that the doc believed me.  So after a double set of antibiotics and chest Xray (!) I finally got referred to the ENT and had my appointment this morning.

Ever had a massive camera stuck up your nose? No? That thing was scary - and long - and scary.  So very scary.  The Consultant did say it would make my eyes water.  He wasn't lying.   Take my advice boys and girls.  Waterproof Mascara is a must if anyone ever waves a long scary, very scary, nose camera at you.

So, the diagnosis.  "Ms Debell, you have Glue Ear.  You need a Gromit".  Marvellous.  I have the ears of a 4 year old.  See.  Reverse Ageing.

So that's my start to the new year.  It has been too cold to paint outside this week, so I have continued on my bedroom re-vamp.  The wallpaper was my priority as we have finally ordered our new bed.  Oh man I can't wait to snooze on that sucker.  I am closely related to the Princess from The Princess and the Pea, so this bed better live up to it's not insignificant price tag.  As my Mum said - "You can buy a new bed but you cant buy a new back".  So we doubled the budget and bought a dream (geddit?) mattress.
monotone floral wallpaper
Beautiful black and white Hydranger & Roses wallpaper

Couple of pics so you can see how I got on with my Wallpapering - not too shabby if I do say so myself.  I even managed to line the walls and did the whole thing without a jot of assistance.  If the Furniture Restoration doesn't take off I can always wallpaper things instead.

Closeup of monotone Floral Wallpaper
A Close Up of the wallpaper.  Yummy.
Onwards and upwards, just need to find Wallace to add to my Gromit.  Jemima would like a puppy...hmmm.  Perhaps not.

Salut et à bientôt,

Marie x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year:-)

Told you it wasn't my furniture painting course that made you ill:-)

jackie

Unknown said...

Hmmm...OK I believe you now and concede I am not allergic to Chalk Paint! And Happy New Year.

I would also like to tell my readers that Jackie hosts THE BEST furniture painting courses, and as long as you are not allergic to Chalk paint (and hard work) and want to learn how to make lovely, lovely things from ugly, ugly things check out The Barristers Horse http://thebarristershorse.wordpress.com/furniture-painting-courses/ and if you want to buy fab knobs for your cabinets Jackie makes the loveliest ones around, (check ebay via the Barristers Horse).