Pin It button on image hover

Monday 17 December 2012

Photo Shoot versus English Weather. Who won?

Over the weekend I have been weather watching to see if I can get a decent bit of sunshine to take some better photographs of the pieces I have been working on recently.

To date I have been relying on the (extremely good) iPhone to capture my shots, but it is lacking in some things.  So I decided it was time to get out the big guns.

Farmhouse Table Shabby ChicSo after scrabbling around for far longer than it really should have taken, we found the charger for the 'proper' camera.  By then the light was fading.  Great.  But we still took some shots.  Some good, some not so good.  The darker ones will have to be re-shot, but its quite a mission as I have to rely on Nic to help with furniture removals - I'm strong, but not an octopus.

French Script farmhouse table
6 seat farmhouse Table Shabby ChicFarmhouse table in Charcoal This table is one that I painted a few weeks ago, so is now fully cured and ready to go.  On sale now for £249, it comfortably seats 6 and is a real head turner.  Get in touch if you would like to view.

We also took some pictures that didn't have the benefit of lovely sunshine.  You can see how badly the light faded in just a few minutes, but even though I am going to have to re-take the photos, the items are still beautiful - if I do say so myself!!

Red Chest of drawersEmperors Silk Chest of Drawers 

 These two bedside chest of drawers are lovely.  painted in the georgous Emperors Silk with dark wax and a custom mix of the red and of black they are a wonderful focal point in a bedroom or a study.  Only £85 each and solid hand built pine!


This lovely little thing has so many uses.  Table, Shoe rack, Towel holder. Porch bench.
Close up of lace patterned bench
It would make a fantastic narrow coffee table or you could use it as a hall seat with shoe storage underneath.  It is really unusual with the fabric effect paint of black over gold and finished in clear wax.  Coming in at £75 this is one to buy.  They don't come up very often!  Its very sturdy and a wonderful size!
patterned bench

Blanket BoxLouis Blue and Old White Carving detail
Finally pulling up the rear this gorgeous Oak Blanket Box on legs - in Old White with Louis Blue touches.  I love it.  £185 and its yours!



Until next time.

M x



No comments: