Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 15 December 2012

Decisions, Decisions!

Since the weather is too cold for me to paint outdoors at the moment, I have decided to give myself a Christmas present.

We have lived in our English Country Cottage for over 5 years, and with two rug rats we have never had to opportunity to decorate our bedroom.  So this is the time.

We have t lovely built in wardrobes that are currently finished in stained pine and a nice solid cherry lowboy plus my antique pine dressing table.

The lovely parents are very kindly buying us a new bed for Christmas so obviously that deserves a nice home.

Close up of Paris Grey with Old Ochre
dry brushed on top
I have been playing over in my mind the colour combinations I want for the furniture.  An email from Maison Decor this morning sealed it.  I had already decided on creams and greys for the walls, but I think the Low Boy and the wardrobes will look amazing painted up like this example from Maison Decor.

I'm going to paint the Dressing Table in Annie Sloan Antoinette with Autentico Nearly Black underneath, just peeping through on the edges.  It will be undeniably girly!

So, just need to choose the Wallpaper, Curtains and bedding now.  Not that I havent started - I bought a fantastic Goose & Duck Down 13.5 tog duvet yesterday in anticipation.

Merry Christmas to me!!

M x

No comments: