Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Paint Pattern Roller. Oo lala!!

Paint Pattern Roller on furnitureA couple of weeks ago I went along to the Newark Antiques Fair.  One of the items I bought was a very old and very well used wallpaper roller from Poland.  These little beauties are a traditional form of decorating in Eastern Europe.  They usually have a roller & 'paint-well' with them.  They are designed to be used vertically - which is why I have never bought them before.  Quite simply, most of the surfaces I would want to use them with are horizontal, so the paint-well would spill paint all over the place.

Anyway - since I spotted a box of old, used and pretty knackered looking rollers I thought why not? I actually bought 2, (for some reason I didn't buy a mini one - but I really should have).

I have been itching to give them a test run - not for wallpaper but as an embellishment for my painted furniture, so today I thought I would have a teeny weeny little play, just before I started to re-paint my dressing table.  I wondered how it would work.  The answer is beautifully!

Antique Pine Dressing table
Pine Dressing Table Top - my experimental surface!

patterned paint roller
Roller with paintbrush for size
paint pattern roller
Roller close up.
paint pattern roller with paint
Roller with paint
Paint Pattern Roller Results
Paint Pattern Roller Results

 Well I love it!! Cant wait to try it out on a 'proper' piece of furniture!

Enchanté,

Marie xx



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your roller should be from hungary - these rollers traditionally came from Asch in CZ and then spread around the world ;) You can have a alook at my site www.strukturwalzen.de to get more information about these rolls and tradition

Unknown said...

Thanks Tobias - that is really great, I will take a look now. I think they are wonderful things. I need an applicator if you can help with that? M x