Pin It button on image hover

Friday 19 July 2013

A little bit of fabulous.

Oh my. Oh me. It's all just tinkety tonk here at Chateau Debell.

The summer has arrived in style. Tweeps are most definitely outdoor types and care not about bring naked in the sunshine. Tan lines? Pah. They are for sissys, (for the record I am a sissy).

The sun brings out my inner entertainer, not the juggler type but the "lets eat and drink and be merry" type. The trouble is, I do not have the biggest kitchen in the world, check out my blog on 'The Marmite Kitchen' if you don't believe me. Really. Go look.

Pretty as my little, old English cottage is, it is no mansion. I would adore an enormous space with oodles of character(s?), a live in chef, housekeeper, butler and a chauffeur. Well, maybe for a day. As it is I love my little piece of England. I have some brilliant friends and last week the Husband and I decided to hang the expense and get us a new dining room. OK, less expense, mere tidying up!

So, a largish dinner party where we don't have to sit on each others knees? (I appreciate in some circles that may be desirable). How? Simple, a brand, spanking, new shabby chic dining room. For one night only. Utilising a stunning table, my collection of glassware, all my lovely collected vintage china, silverwear and (this was the hard part), lots of newly painted chairs.

Where? Why my studio of course. We all know how gorgeous just a simple empty Annie Sloan tin is, so a whole studio full of not yet started, started and complete projects? With all sorts of accoutrements? No problem. Shabbytastic dinner party. Picture below. The dresser is for sale by the way. Annie Sloan Versailles, £375 plus delivery. Email me fiona@debell.me if you are interested.

Much wine was golloped, much food scoffled and much fun had. It was just heaven.

I have also been privileged to work in the stunning home of one of my Painting Course students over the last week. She has the most beautiful kitchen. Actually kitchen is not really an accurate description.

Suffice to say, it is a stunningly beautiful home with georgous everything! The reason I was there was to add a little interest to the fridge / freezer unit. Which I did with this lovely graphic sourced from The Graphic Fairy. It is for an old St. Louis grocery. Painted over F&B Carnforth White I used ASCP Old Violet. As always it was a pleasure to work with and the result? Well I was delighted and my lovely client emailed later to say she 'Couldnt stop looking at it'. I think that was a result.

I followed up yesterday with an addition to her tiled backsplash behind the Aga. Now this one I'm super proud of. I will say no more other than I will be running a class on this technique in October and I'm available for hire!

Enchante.

M x

















1 comment:

Emma Kate at Paint and Style said...

Wow! The studio looks gorgeous as a dining room and I love what you did in your clients kitchen!