Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 31 January 2013

Paris in my dining room.

Paloma Silver Leaf Sideboard
Paloma & Silver Leaf Sideboard
It is a beautiful day in the Vale of Belvoir.  So I'm told.  We live in a beautiful village which according to some, is 'in the Vale' and according to others, is not.  Me. I'm going with 'in the Vale' just because I like saying Belvoir.

To the uninitiated you might think this is pronounced Bel-vo-i-r.  It's not.  In fact if you pronounce it Bel-vo-i-r around these parts you are likely to be mightily mocked and removed from whichever premises you uttered said word upon.  Quite why I'm not sure, since the actual pronunciation is 'Beever'.  yes Really.  The Vale of 'Beever'.

Anyway, as I said its a beautiful day in what may or mat not be The Vale of Belvoir.  So I have taken some picture of the long awaited Paloma Sideboard.  I have to admit its is love on my part.

Brown Sideboard
Before: Brown Wood Sideboard
This little beauty was the most gorgeous shape as you can see from the 'before' picture here.  I knew she could be a real stunner.  I also knew I wanted to investigate my love of French Interiors, so I went back to basics and got out my Annie Sloan 'Creating the French Look' book.

I knew ASCP in Paloma was my go to colour on this one, and I had a feeling that silver leaf would look stunning.  So a quick scan of Annie's marvelous tips and I was decided.

Now, using Silver leaf is not a quick or necessarily easy process - I may even do a tutorial on it in due course, but it was worth it I think.  Here is the result.  I hope you like her.

Sideboard in the French Style
Ooo la la. What a transformation.
Paloma sideboard
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paloma
 
Sideboard and mirror
Mirror Painted to match

That's me for today.  Hopefully I can show you the matching table and chairs shortly!

Marie xx

No comments: