Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Brrr. Yum. Brrr. Yummy. In that order.

Its been a funny few days.  I have not been able to get close to my paint pots although the hoover has had a really good workout.  I'm having serious withdrawal, but tomorrow...oh tomorrow, my heart is singing at the thought of you.

Over the weekend we had the fire stoked up almost constantly - now I love a real fire as much as the next person, what I don't like is the occasional back-draw that puffs smoke into the room and leaves sooty tentacles all over the cobwebs.  How many spiders can one house hide in plain sight?  I really, really need a feather duster.
icicles
Icicles on the bathroom
The Husband loves any excuse to make fire, now can you please tell me, is it just mine or do they all beat their chest and shout 'Ug' when dealing with flames?
One major benefit of a cold snap?  Yummy hot chocolate after a spot of sledging with The Tweeps.  Painting is now a requirement to work off those annoying calories.
hot chocolate with cream and marshmallow
Yummy Hot Chocolate
Back to tomorrow.  Tomorrow will start with a dog walk with my lovely friends, (that's the second 'Brr') and then I get to crack open a new pot of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, break out a new brush and go to work on this...a lovely cabinet for display on the wall.  That's the 'Yummy'.  I'm so excited, if slightly torn. She's a beauty as she is with no damage, which is quite unheard of.
Mahogany Wall Display Cabinet
Wall Mounted Display Cabinet.
I will have to get cracking on the beautiful sideboard I posted last week whilst I consider.  Its going to be a great big paint pot of fun in this house.  If things pan out I will make a quick trip to the auction to view the lots for Thursday too - you never know what might turn up.

elston in the Snow
View from my window
Finally I wanted to say a massive 'Thank You' to all my new followers and to the lovely people who have shared links to my Blog.  I really, really appreciate it.  I have been asked by a couple of my American friends where I live in the UK - the answer is near the, ahem, original, Newark, (sorry guys it has been here a very long time).  I'm in a lovely little village with a primary school, (I think that's equivalent to elementary school), a village shop, a village green, a pub with a microbrewery, a church, a chapel (complete with 16th Century graffiti) and lots of very eccentric, very lovely residents.

English Country Lane
My daily dog walk
It is every bit as quintessentially English as you could imagine but without the thatched cottages.  We are a pan-tile village centered around the village green.  These are a couple of pictures I took yesterday.


View from my landing.



















Enjoy.

Until next time.

Marie xx

No comments: