Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 25 November 2012

Just an old Biddy!

I love the weekend.  Plenty of family time and this one seems to have been a non-stop party.  I will have to be rolled into the stable on Monday morning the amount of food that has been consumed!

The weekend got off to a great start.  Friday afternoon saw me taking a nice trip with my friend to view auction stock.  And  very good it was too!  I saw about 25 items that I know would look amazing with a bit of TLC.  Unfortunately my storage options at the moment are a little limited...as you can see.

A busy stable

Full of furniture
I have plenty to keep me busy, but with Abigales Vintage Fayre coming up on 10th December I need some smaller items to display and, (cross fingers), sell.  

So with great excitement I dragged the entire family off to the Auction on Saturday morning, (the bribe was that the kids were going to get measured for their Christmas bikes!).

I love the Auction.  The kids, not so much.  I love the smell, the cold and the coffee in polystyrene cups.  Not that keen on some of the pushers and shovers, but they come with the territory.

So I get my list, see whats what, have a quick scoot around, quickly remove about half of my potentials, get back to the action and just in time, bid on a lovely, well it will be once I'm done with it, oak bureau.  

That's when they adrenalin kicks in.  I love it.  The excitement of getting something for less than you expected - or as happens more often than not, having to bow out when the bids go over the limit you have set.  I am very strict with myself.  If I wasn't it would be a disaster.  So a few aborted bids later and I secured the ugliest oak blanket chest on legs.  Oh, she is a beauty! 

Can't wait to get them tomorrow!

à bientôt!

Marie xx






No comments: