Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 6 June 2013

Blog Block

OK.  It is official.  I have proper, useless, rubbish, total and utter Blog Block.  I cannot think of a single good topic to beguile and astound you with today.  I blame the Tweeps.  Half term has leeched my creative juices to a level where only chocolate or wine can replenish me and as the yard arm has in no way been passed and my thighs are suffering from cake overload I can't see a solution in the next half hour.  Harumph.

I have been sadly lacking on the creative paint front too.  I handed all paint projects over to the Tweeps.  Yes really.  My head was blown with demands for ice cream, drinks, water in the paddling pool and "he said"..."she said"...so I did what any sane mother would do.  I let them loose on my Annie Sloan and Autentico paint box.

Out came the Greek Blue, English Yellow, Emperors Silk, Antibes Green, Rose, Cocos and Code Blue.  Four Tweeps, a bucket full of brushes, many, many, many plastic cups and spoons and we had this:

Tweeps Paint School
Love Sign
English Yellow with Autentico Rose

Kids version of a LOVE sign
Love Sign with hand and foot prints



Unfortunately confidentiality prevents me from showing you more than this very small selection.  

The wonderful works of art created in the garden by the hands of small people are subject to embargo until Fathers Day.  Daddys of the village prepare for an amazing and important addition to your home decor.  

It was fun, and the paddling pool proved to be an excellent place to remove accidental on purpose paint spill.  A lovely time all round.  This is in stark contrast to the painting that went on just a few days earlier.

Leave a child alone with a pot of paint...or two...and what else should I expect?

Was I mad?  Yes.  As a rattlesnake.  No wonder my friend said her son loves to come and play here as I, 'Let them do anything'.  Hmmm.  Even I have my limits.

Shall I?

Grafitti.  My poor, poor stable!

Brains...

How can I be mad at those faces?












When you were growing up do you think your parents had to go into another room to laugh, (must do my plevic floor exercises), and laugh and laugh whilst maintaining the illusion of giving you a serious, you must never darken my door with this nonsense again, I am incredibly disappointed in you, telling off?  I would love to know.

I did get a little work done this week.  Here are a few works in progress and a lovely little bureau.  The letters were tucked inside and are for a wedding reception in 1963, (£100 for 83 covers), and new carpets in May of the same year.  They will stay with the piece.

Oh, look seems I managed my block!  Hope you enjoyed.

M x

Nutmeg Bureau with Rose interior Autentico Vintage Paint
Nutmeg Bureau with Rose interior Autentico Vintage Paint

So interesting letters from 1963

Bottom: Turquoise, Middle: Rose, Top: Milk
Bottom: Turquoise, Middle: Rose, Top: Milk

Duck Egg & Gold Leaf on butterfly
Duck Egg & Gold Leaf on butterfly

Duck Egg & Gold Leaf papilion
Duck Egg & Gold Leaf papilion

Painting Furniture French Linen & Country Grey
I'm hiding in the corner...

Chair Leg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think one of your tweeps is auditioning for the Michael Jackson Thriller video:-)